Please contact Tracey on 01495 769264 for further details
Hours of work:
Guaranteed 16 hours a week, plus bank shifts.
£8.00 per hour
Purpose of the post:
To assist the catering team to prepare, cook and present food quickly and efficiently. To assist in the smooth running of the kitchen, at all times and assist to motivate others with the key aim of delivering food to our customers within allocated times. Providing advice and assistance, maintaining product and undertaking cleaning duties whilst ensuring compliance to company policies, ‘best practice’, and current legislation.
· Prepare, cook and present food, quickly and efficiently, meeting our standards
· Assist the team: menu planning, working to low cost budgets
Assist in keeping the kitchen clean, hygienic and tidy, at all times to maintain housekeeping standards
Keep up to date with current promotions, and new products
Work safely around kitchen equipment, monitor and deal with any maintenance issues
Maintain all kitchen-related office administration
Use food development plan to improve the sales and profitability of the catering Dept.
Maintain accurate stocking levels, including all kitchen materials
Assist in achieving financial targets
Manage wastage through correct product measurement
Must have access to a vehicle
To maintain an excellent level of personal presentation
Maintain personal knowledge by completing in-house training, attending courses and completing workbooks
· To ensure deadlines are met to enable meals to be served on time.
· To provide an efficient and effective service to customers, understanding their needs and requirements, working to exceed these wherever possible
· To demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic, committed and flexible attitude towards customers and other team members, recognising the importance and benefits of effective team working
· Deliver customer service in line with ‘best practice’. Ensure compliance to relevant policies
· Provide assistance to customers should an incident occur, seeking guidance in line with company policies
· Take responsibility for own product area, ensure this and product is maintained with company ‘best practice’ and current Health & Safety legislation. Merchandise product efficiently and effectively in order to maximise sales
· Undertake and achieve company funded industry recognised
Food Hygiene qualification if not currently held