MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
As a volunteer community driver you will provide a transport service throughout Torfaen and the surrounding area. Your typical duties would include planning the best route and driving the vehicle safely, stopping at designated points. Your duties will include helping passengers get on and off the vehicle and performing basic vehicle checks
You will also be delivering food to the various lunch clubs located throughout the borough of Torfaen.
Consistent with the policy and direction of Age Connects Torfaen
1. Excellent driving skills and knowledge of traffic regulations
2. Good communication and 'people' skills
3. An awareness of disability needs
4. Good organisational skills
5. Map reading and route planning skills
6. Patience and empathy with passengers
7. A reasonable level of fitness
8. The ability to work well as part of a team.
Responsible to: Development Co-ordinator
Location: Throughout Torfaen